Thursday, February 01, 2007

New Modern Baby

Okay, so Limelet's the same baby as before.

But he really does seem to have undergone a noticeable change in the past week or so. He's a lot more cognizant of what's going on around him all of a sudden, his sleeping patterns seem to be consolidating, he can nap lying down, and he's different socially (with us). He's more patient about certain things, laughing and "talking" a lot more, but more upset when he does get upset.

I still don't know what his deal was the other day where he cried when I went away, but he got over it by the next day. (Now I can go to the bathroom in the morning again.) He also awoke in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep without help (walking him in the carrier), which he hasn't done since...well, ever! True, he's often spent a lot of time eating during the night, but he usually sleeps through it as long as I feed him right away. Not last night--he was properly awake.

Today was library day, and he was so excited and happy the entire time. He was talking, and laughing, and squealing. I guess he loves the library! He used to sleep through most of it, when he wasn't eating.

In other news, I can't even bear to watch the film in this article about orphaned babies. It made me feel sick reading it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home