Sunday, December 17, 2006

Child-y Goodness

I know I complain a lot on this blog. After all, I said I was going to. But don't imagine that that's my entire opinion on the subject.


I do make a point of daily sucking up all the child-y goodness that I can. Especially now that Limelet's changing noticeably day to day--it's one of those things that makes the passage of time so very salient. I feel lucky that I can spend so much time with him every day and see each happy morningtime smile-and-wriggle.

Today I even found myself getting misty while listening to a Christmas Classics CD, as Connie Francis sang "Baby's First Christmas." The most maudlin, saccharine song ever recorded, as far as I can tell. Nevertheless, it became a tearjerker as of this year. I never even noticed it before!

Of course, every song Connie Francis sings sounds like someone's got a heartache a-comin'. I fully expected the song to explain how Baby's First Christmas was marred only by his/her parents' divorce.

Hee--apparently, fart noises are inherently funny, rather than learned in context of societal prohibition. Limelet actually giggles if we "raspberry" to him, and tries his best to do it himself.

I really don't understand why people are in such a hurry to get their kids on solid foods. Today someone was trying to convince me to feed Limelet solids. Just some little things here or there, you know? A little rice cereal or something.

For Pete's sake, he's only three months old! He's not supposed to be eating solids until at least five months, preferably six. I don't need him to have digestive complaints, food allergies, or even choking hazards. He's not starving--it's clear that he's a little chubby bub. And as far as that goes, I already know I'll miss his nursie time a lot anyway. So why on earth hurry it, when it's so beneficial for both of us to wait?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home