Friday, November 16, 2007

Night-night

Limelet is walking like crazy now, especially if there's any opportunity to kick a ball.  We usually have at least three rolling around the living room somewhere.  I'd always heard that kids sleep better at night when they begin crawling, and then I heard it's when they begin walking.  The next thing I'll hear is that it's when they start driving, which is too bad, since at that point I will definitely be sleeping poorly, right?
 
Anyway, with all these teeth erupting, poor Limelet does not sleep better.  He does go to sleep, which is a change from when it was 100 degrees here.  But he often awakes at 11:30, 1:50, and 3:50.  Just by way of example.  He may struggle to get back to sleep for 90 minutes, or he may just nurse and go back to sleep almost immediately.  Oh, how I love those nights when he goes back to sleep immediately.
 
He's actually had two good nights in the past three.  The first one, I couldn't believe it when I looked at the clock at his first awakening, and it was 4:30!  He actually slept nearly 8 hours straight without even stirring to nurse!  Then there was the night in between, during which he awoke at 11:00 (one hour after I dropped, exhausted, into bed myself), and writhed miserably half-asleep in my arms until nearly 2.  And then woke again at 3:50.  But last night, once again he hardly awoke at all--just a couple times, and went right back to sleep.  It was like a beautiful dream.  Heck, it was a beautiful dream!
 
When I'm able to catch a glimpse of the teeth, they're like big vicious pointy white mountain ranges jabbing out through his tiny, tender little reddened gums.  They really do seem too big for his mouth, and all of them have several separate points, like a jagged crown. 
 
I feel terrible for how irritable I am in the middle of the night, as he's miserable too.  I have written myself post-its reminding myself to be understanding in the middle of the night when I'm tired, so I don't make things worse for both of us.  I don't want his memories of waking up in the middle of the night to be having a Mummy who was a huge mean B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home