Monday, November 19, 2007

Capitalist Peeg

That would be me.

I'm trying out the adsense gimmick, as you can see. If you hate it, let me know. I guess I'm really doing it just to try another internet thingy out as is my wont.

After all, I'm clearly not some wildly popular web writer, so it's not like it will generate much if any revenue.

And while as a family of three we're not exactly flush with the cash that my internship is bringing in, we're not desperate for the four cents or whatever, either. I just want to see what happens, and I'm so used to tuning out ads now that I've had Gmail for several years that it doesn't seem like it will matter that much.

2 Comments:

Blogger LesleyH said...

Just FYI, but the Google ad that's appearing on your blog right now is for a sleep training program for babies. I don't know how you personally feel about that type of thing but considering much of the parenting stuff you've discussed, this ad seems like it might be counter to things like co-sleeping and such. You probably can't control what Google puts on there, but I thought it was interesting. Glad to see a fellow grad student making money though!

11:50 AM  
Blogger liz said...

D'oh!

It figures. The thing sees "baby" and "sleeping" (probably) and decides to choose "Nazi Baby Supercry Sleep Techniques - Now With Prickly Bedclothes and Extra-Rigid Timetables!" as being related to the blog contents. I'll probably remove it when I have time again. Unless there's some way to post a perma-disclaimer/warning that doesn't violate the terms of the contract.

As for making any money--pppffff. So far I don't think even one cent has been raised because of it. But I wanted to try it!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home